Short courses for prospective art students
A 5 day course designed to offer stimulating and instructive sessions of study that met needs identified by young people studying art in Ross-shire including;
- The practical, inspirational and theoretical approaches to the making of a work of art
- How to make best use of time at art school
- An overview of the variety and significance possible in the depiction of the human figure
- An overview of art movements and their political and social significance, with an emphasis on the Romantic/Classical dichotomy
- Basic skills in drawing in two dimensions and modelling in three dimensions
- The practical application of inspiration and ideas
- The consideration of the potential of disparate and unusual sources
- The application of all of the above to the full range of creative activity in the fine and applied arts.
Primary school visits
Many local primary schools visit Kinkell, inspiring the children.